The minimalist capsule wardrobe represents the simple core of clothing that you can wear each day and every season. Creating a minimalist capsule wardrobe can simplify your life to the point that you can concentrate on more important things going on and those things you enjoy doing.
The best thing is that you’ll remain strikingly fashionable and immeasurably comfortable. A core, minimalist capsule wardrobe will take you from work and dinner occasions to fun times on the weekend.
Wardrobe essentials will naturally depend on what you do and where life takes you from day to day. For example, if you are a soccer mom, your core essentials will look very different than if you were the CEO of a company.
The message remains the same, however. Trim your wardrobe to the minimum pieces that will fit your lifestyle and see if you can whittle it down to 10 pieces. There are certain techniques that will help you along.
- Colors – Colors in your minimalist wardrobe should include neutrals such as black, khaki and navy. Choose accent colors that you love and that look good with your neutrals. Pastels and jewel tones are great accents to a minimalist capsule wardrobe. Accessories such as shoes and bags should be of one color.
- Layer your clothing – Seasons dictate that you dress layered during some times and sleeveless in others. A good winter coat is a must and a cardigan sweater is great for versatility. Layering is a better choice for a minimalist wardrobe than specific clothes for every season.
- Choose classic over trendy – Simple and classic will never go out of style, unlike the trends that come and go on the whim of a designer/manufacturer. Quality, well-made items tend to last a long time, saving you money and shopping time.
- Avoid formal or too casual – Everything in your minimalist capsule wardrobe should be great to wear running errands or to a party. You can accessorize with scarves and jewelry to dress it up or down.
- Comfort is the key – Make sure your capsule wardrobe fits as it should. Lean toward fabrics that have a bit of “give” in them to remain comfortable even when your weight varies.
It may take a while to develop your minimalist capsule wardrobe, but you’ll notice that the leaner your closet becomes, the more freedom you’ll feel and have to transfer your time and energy to other, more important matters than clothing and style.
Remember that with a minimalist capsule wardrobe, you can finally get rid of all the boring and outdated clothing that you hate and that doesn’t feel good – and move into one that is comfortable and will serve you well.
It’s possible to re-invent your personal style and create an amazing minimalist capsule wardrobe that enhances your lifestyle and helps you feel confident to go out into the world.